About Me

Ideas are my bread and butter and I have plenty to share!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Win for Humanity

I woke up this morning dreading the news, afraid that the political forecasts of close elections was going to bring about another recount fiasco putting people in charge whose ideas are from the dark ages. Imagine my giddiness upon reading that not only did Romney not win, but that my home state made history.

We passed gay marriage at the polls.

Maryland joins us in this, making it impossible for those frustrating farts to call it an anomaly. Growing up here in Maine, I did not think we'd be one of the first two states to pass marriage equality. I know too many people who are clouded by religious dogma. I was pleased to see 99% of my facebook friends cheering today, and saddened to see one or two who felt like we'd slid into barbarism. *shakes head*

But anyway, for the first time, I am proud to live and have been raised in Maine. We have a long way to go, I have a feeling the schools the area I was raised are still taking time out of the school day for 'Good News Club' and thinking it is just as important if not more so than actual education...I'm stopping myself there before I go on a tangent. I'm happy today, no derailments!

If I had my own place, I'd be throwing a party for all my friends who share in this great moment. Rainbows and techno music and my brother would be guest of honor. I cannot express how pleased I am by this.

Viva Equality!
Viva Atheism!

No comments:

Post a Comment